St Anne’s Cathedral, also known as Belfast Cathedral, is a cathedral of the Church of Ireland in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It is unusual in serving two separate dioceses – Connor, and Down and Dromore – and is the focal point of the Cathedral Quarter in Northern Ireland’s capital city.
Built over a period of 80 years, the foundation stone to Belfast Cathedral was laid in 1899 and the nave was consecrated in 1904. The new cathedral was built around the old parish church, which remained in use up until 27th December 1903, when the last service was held in it. The parish church, with the exception of the sanctuary, which was incorporated in to the new cathedral, was then demolished. In 1981 the North Transept was finished and in 2007 the addition of the Spire of Hope was made to the cathedral.