Harrison & Harrison
Belfast Cathedral is fortunate in having one of the finest organs in Northern Ireland. It was originally built in 1907 by the world famous firm of Harrison & Harrison from Durham. During building work in the cathedral between 1968 and 1975, the organ was removed to the Harrison & Harrison factory, where it was renovated and enlarged, before being installed in a new position in the newly built South Transept. The organ is currently looked after by the Wells-Kennedy Partnership.
In 2013, in recognition of Ian Barber’s 30 years as Organist of the cathedral, a continuo organ was purchased from Wells-Kennedy. Now known as the Barber Organ, this instrument plays an important part in the musical life of the cathedral and is used weekly for services and concerts.
The stoplist is:
Stopped Diapson 8
Rohr Flute 4