Belfast Cathedral is fortunate in having one of the finest organs in Northern Ireland.
1907 & 1975
It was originally built in 1907 by the world famous firm of Harrison & Harrison from Durham. During building work in the cathedral between 1968 and 1975, the organ was removed to the Harrison & Harrison factory, where it was renovated and enlarged, before being installed in a new position in the newly built South Transept. Comprising of 64 speaking stops, it is the second-largest instrument of its kind in Northern Ireland.
In 2013, in recognition of Ian Barber’s 30 years as Organist of the cathedral, a continuo organ was purchased, built by the Wells-Kennedy Partnership. Now known as the Barber Organ, this instrument plays an important part in the musical life of the cathedral and is used regularly for services and concerts.
Stopped Diapason 8'
Rohr Flute 4'