Belfast Cathedral makes an unforgettable and unique addition during a visit to the city. Pay a visit to this magnificent place of worship at the heart of Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter, known locally as St Anne’s Cathedral – a treasure trove of art, culture and music.
All of our visitors will find a visit to Belfast Cathedral a rewarding and enjoyable experience, with plenty to see and discover on a tour of the city’s Cathedral.
Some of the highlights include:
- Spire of Hope – the striking and unique addition to the city skyline, this is the Cathedral’s answer to a ‘sinking’ problem
- Tomb of Lord Carson – the leader of the anti- Home Rule movement
- Titanic Pall – a stunning memorial to the 1,517 lives lost in the sinking of the Titanic
- Stunning mosaic collection – magnificent examples of art through mosaic design
- The Cathedral opening hours will change from Monday 17 January 2022, after which the cathedral will be open Monday-Friday, 10.30am-4.00pm. We are closed on Saturday. Sunday services are held at 11am and 3.30pm. Office hours remain the same, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Feel welcome to come to the Cathedral during our opening ours for Private Prayer, or join us on for Sunday Worship.
Guided Tours of the Cathedral are delivered by our team of knowledgeable guides, who will bring the stories of Belfast Cathedral to life. Tours typically last approx. 45mins – 1 hour, and can be adapted to suit your needs, time limitations and interests. For families and schools, the InSpire Kids Trail is also available.
Visitors are welcome to visit the Cathedral and discover the space using our guidebooks or audio-guides on a self-led basis (available in eight languages). If any groups are accompanied by a blue-badge guide, they are welcome to lead their own tour through the Cathedral.
Guided tours are available in English, however, for self-led visits we have Visitor's Guides or Audio Guides of the Cathedral in eight different languages – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish and Mandarin.
Our Cathedral gift shop stocks a range of unique products, including books, cards, CDs, gifts. Many of our products are sourced locally, and visitors will be sure to find something to take home as a souvenir of your visit to Belfast Cathedral. All profits generated from the gift are returned directly into the work of the Cathedral.
Belfast Cathedral is easily reached by both private coach/car and public transport. The cathedral is located just off the main city centre, at the very heart of the bustling Cathedral Quarter.
By coach – coach drop off point is right at the main entrance to the cathedral. Coach parking is available 0.5 miles from the Cathedral, if travelling in smaller bus parking is available on-site.
By train – the Cathedral is located just 15min walk from three main train stations in Belfast.
By car – secure car parking available on-site, the Cathedral is located 2min drive from both M1 and M2.
Although visitors can take a tour without pre-booking, some benefits of pre-booked group tours include:
- Discounted admission rates
- Free visit for group leader and coach driver
- Easy drop off and pick up for coaches
- Free familiarisation visit for the tour leader ahead of the visit
How to book
To pre-book, contact a member of the team to benefit from discounted group admission rates and to guarantee that a Tour Guide is available. We ask for two weeks’ notice if possible for guided visits.
To discuss your requirements and to book your visit please call us on 02890 328332, or email email@example.com.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee entry to the Cathedral for groups who do not pre-book due to the number of services and events which take place on a regular basis.