Belfast Cathedral makes an unforgettable and unique addition to your group’s itinerary during a visit to the city. Pay a visit to this magnificent place of worship at the heart of Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter, known locally as St Anne’s Cathedral – a treasure trove of art, culture and music.
Groups will find a visit to Belfast Cathedral a rewarding and enjoyable experience, with plenty to see and discover on a tour of the city’s Cathedral.
Some of the highlights include:
- Spire of Hope – the striking and unique addition to the city skyline, this is the Cathedral’s answer to a ‘sinking’ problem
- Tomb of Lord Carson – the leader of the anti- Home Rule movement
- Titanic Pall – a stunning memorial to the 1,517 lives lost in the sinking of the Titanic
- Stunning mosaic collection – magnificent examples of art through mosaic design
- Monday to Saturday the Cathedral is open to visitors from 9am – 5pm, last admission for guided tours is 4pm
- Sundays opening hours are limited to between 1pm – 3pm
- Daily services take place at the cathedral, during term-time Choral Evensong is daily at 5:30pm, and is a lovely way to end a visit to the cathedral if time permits
Tours of the Cathedral are delivered by our team of knowledgeable guides, who will bring the stories of Belfast Cathedral to life. Tours typically last approx. 45mins – 1 hour, and can be adapted to suit your needs, time limitations and interests.
Groups are welcome to visit the cathedral and discover the space using our guidebooks on a self-led basis, of if accompanied by a blue-badge guide they are welcome to lead their own groups through the Cathedral.
Guided tours are available in English, however for self-led visits we have leaflet guides of the Cathedral in a number of different languages – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin.
Our Cathedral gift shop stocks a range of products, including books, cards, CDs, gifts. Many of our products are sourced locally, and visitors will be sure to find something to take home as a souvenir of your visit to Belfast Cathedral. All profits generated from the gift are returned directly into the work of the cathedral.
Belfast Cathedral is easily reached by both private coach/car and public transport. The cathedral is located just off the main city centre, at the very heart of the bustling Cathedral Quarter.
By coach – coach drop off point is right at the main entrance to the cathedral. Coach parking is available 0.5 miles from the cathedral, if travelling in smaller bus parking is available on-site.
By train – the cathedral is located just 15min walk from three main train stations in Belfast.
By car – secure car parking available on-site, cathedral is located 2min drive from both M1 and M2.
Benefits of pre-booked group tours:
- Discounted admission rates
- Free visit for group leader and coach driver
- Easy drop off and pick up for coaches
- Free familiarisation visit for the tour leader ahead of the visit
How to book
Pre-booking is essential in order to ensure you benefit from the discounted group admission rates for both self-led visits and guided tours. We ask for two weeks’ notice if possible for guided visits.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee entry to the Cathedral for groups who do not pre-book due to the number of services and events which take place on a regular basis.